Discussions
Empathy and Virtue
By Richard Miller Principal Investigator : Virtuous Empathy: Scientific and Humanistic Investigations Inquiry into matters of empathy and virtue must proceed today on polemical note. What should prompt disquiet is the fact that recent discussions of empathy

• COMMENTS
  • 12-13-2010 4:12 PM

Anna Gomberg

By Richard Miller Principal Investigator : Virtuous Empathy: Scientific and Humanistic Investigations Inquiry into matters of empathy and virtue must proceed today on polemical note. What should prompt disquiet is the fact that recent discussions of empathy
  • 12-14-2010 2:08 PM

Joel Gibbons

In discussions of empathy in primate groups I find what I think is a disturbing tendency to cheapen the word "social" and its derivatives. Socialization is the phenomenon by which human beings communicate their ideas and wants to other human
  • 12-21-2010 1:51 PM

Gilbert Meilaender

It seems to me that the second of these three problems is the most fundamental. What reasons might we have to regard empathy as morally praiseworthy--i.e., virtuous? If we think of virtues as traits that enable cooperative behavior, we might suppose that
Page 1 of 3 (3 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Join the Network    
Users are able to post news & publications, maintain a profile, and participate in discussion forums related to research on virtues.

Recent Discussions