Discussions
Virtue: A Normative Concept
By Gilbert Meilaender, Science of Virtues Scholar Valparaiso University In order to think about the possibility of a science of virtues, we must, of course, reflect on what we mean by virtue. In the simplest sense virtues are dispositions to act in certain

• COMMENTS
  • 03-15-2011 11:47 AM

Anna Gomberg

By Gilbert Meilaender, Science of Virtues Scholar Valparaiso University In order to think about the possibility of a science of virtues, we must, of course, reflect on what we mean by virtue. In the simplest sense virtues are dispositions to act in certain
  • 03-31-2011 11:55 AM

Alesha Seroczynski

So, I've been thinking a good deal about the questions you raised in your excellent presentation in Chicago two weeks ago, Gil. Specifically, I been mentally searching for one single example in any piece of (fiction) literature where immortality is
  • 04-01-2011 1:33 PM

Gilbert Meilaender

A quick response to Alesha, though she has raised more questions than I can adequately answer: I’d want to be a little careful about how I framed the claim that there’s no piece of literature in which immortality is considered good and desirable. There
Page 1 of 3 (3 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Join the Network    
Users are able to post news & publications, maintain a profile, and participate in discussion forums related to research on virtues.

Recent Discussions